Each October, head on down to Navarre Beach, Florida for a weekend-long fishing competition of epic proportions. For sure, the Navarre Fishing Rodeo is an unlike any other fishing event you have ever seen!
This annual fall classic allows participants to cast out from wherever they want whether that’s the surf, the Navarre Beach Pier, a kayak, a stand-up paddle board, or even a luxury yacht! However you choose to catch the fish is totally up to you!
Image from Pixabay
Another great reason to hit up the Navarre Fishing Rodeo is because it is open to all fishermen young or old. This open format gives everyone an equal chance to try their hand at winning some cold-hard cash and merchandise prizes such as high-end apparel, sporting goods, and fishing gear!
Juana’s Pagodas in Navarre Beach hosts this popular Gulf Coast fishing competition. Daily weigh-ins take place over a two day span and competitors are separated into 5 different divisions. Divisions are as follows: Open (all anglers), SLAMS, Junior, Lionfish, and Kayak. Surf on over to the official tournament site, www.NavarreFishingRodeo.com, for more info!
Navarre Fishing Rodeo Highlights:
- National fishing competition taking place in Navarre, FL
- Several divisions give anglers of all ages and skill levels a chance to win
- Cash and merchandise prizes are available to all contestants that place
- October 6th and 7th, 2018
- Up and down the Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Destin, FL including the sound
- Tournament Prizes (per division): 1st Place is $125, 2nd Place is $75 and 3rd Place is $50
- Juana’s Pagodas hosts its Octoberfest extravaganza on the same Saturday of the tournament (October 6th). Admission to the event requires tickets sold separately
- All fish must be caught via line and reel. Lionfish may be speared where allowed
- The Lionfish division is a special class meant to target a destructive invasive species