Want to experience an authentic New Orleans Mardi Gras festival without all the hassle? Look no further than Mardi Gras Navarre Beach! This carnival of epic proportions has everything you need to feel like you’re in the thick of the action in the French Quarter without the over-the-top shenanigans and hefty price tags.
Image from Pexels
A New Orleans-themed event all ages can enjoy, the celebrations are capped off by a family-friendly Mardi Gras Parade cruising down the popular Gulf Boulevard. Local businesses and organizations toss beads and candy from decorated floats in true festival fashion.
Each annual parade includes an Emerald Coast theme. For 2017, it was Pirates of the Future. For the 32nd Annual Parade in 2018, the theme will be Sun, Sand, and Surf. Don a costume that fits the theme or wear some more traditional Mardi Gras attire with purple, gold, and green!
Mardi Gras Navarre Beach is sponsored by the Navarre Krewe of Jesters, a charitable organization populated by fun-loving locals. To find more information or to take part in the Mardi Gras madness, visit Navarre Beach Krewe of Jesters online at www.nkoj.org!
Mardi Gras Navarre Beach Highlights:
- Several events capped off by a Mardi Gras Parade.
- Float swag tossed from floats during themed parade.
- Event celebrating Mardi Gras and New Orleans culture.
- Mardi Gras Ball – Saturday January 27, 2018 at 6:00PM
- Navarre Beach Mardi Gras Parade – Saturday February 3, 2018 at 1:00PM
- Mardi Gras Ball – Navarre Conference Center, 8700 Navarre Parkway, Navarre FL
- Navarre Beach Mardi Gras Parade – Gulf Boulevard, Navarre FL
- Mardi Gras Parade floats are grouped into several categories. Categories include commercial, community, large floats, walking non-motorized, and decorated golf carts. Each category may have up to 3 winners total